St. Joseph’s School kanke, Ranchi
Established: Middle School – 1937
: High School – 1966
Motto of the School – SERVICE
St Joseph’s Middle School was established in the year 1937 by late Rev. Fr. L. De. Jaeghar S.J. and High School in the year 1966 by late Rev. Fr. Renne De. Buck S.J. . . . Both were parish priests of the place.
About a century back the then British government opened two Psychiatric Hospitals namely CIP and RINPAS. Later, the state government established an Agricultural Collage. Now it is known as Birsa Agricultural Collage University. In these institutions a number of middle class and poor people were employed. They felt the need of education for their children. Ranchi town is about 12 kilometers away from here. They could not afford to send the little children so far in the schools. They requested the Fathers to open school for such children in the locality. The society agreed and late Rev. Fr. L. De. Jaegher S.J. opened the Primary School in the Parish and later on late Rev. Fr. Renne De Buck S.J. started High School in 1966. The management of the School was entrusted to the congregation of Montfort Brothers of St. Gabriel. Bro. John of Sacred Heart was the first Headmaster of the School. Gradually, the school progressed, the number of students increased. It is a full-fledged school from K.G. to tenth class. The school takes care to educate especially the poor and marginalized section of the society. It is a government aided school. The teachers are paid by the government.
Apart from academic excellence, we pay due attention on formation of character. We strive to instill in children a sense of discipline and hard work through regular study and disciplined behavior. At present there are 1398 students and 34 teaching staff.
Bro. Edmond Toppo